What is Telstra Plus Market?
Telstra Plus Market gives small and medium businesses a great online marketing opportunity to reach more than four million members of Telstra Plus, Telstra’s customer rewards program. It’s an online platform available in the My Telstra app, and it’s designed to connect Telstra Plus members with Telstra Plus businesses. Customers select the offer categories that interest them (such as lifestyle, fashion and food) and then browse Telstra Plus Market to find offers they love from businesses in their area they may not have heard of before.
How does Telstra Plus Market work for businesses?
- Register your business for Telstra Plus Market.
- Create offers to encourage customers to shop with you by rewarding them with Telstra Plus points.
- Telstra Plus Market customers will see your offer in the My Telstra app.
- Your Telstra Plus Market customers transact directly with you, either online or at your physical point of sale, using their registered credit or debit card.
- Customers are awarded Telstra Plus points automatically (by Telstra) for their eligible transactions.
- Your business only pays for points you award your customers for an eligible sale.
What types of points-based offers can I create?
There are two types of offers: fixed and variable.
A fixed points offer rewards customers with a fixed number of points (of your choice) when they spend a certain amount with you. For example, you might create an offer that rewards customers with 1,000 points when they spend $100 or more.
A variable points offer rewards customers with a number of points per every dollar they spend with you. This could mean you create an offer that rewards customers with 20 points per dollar spent.
Head here for more information on the different types of offers and how you can set them up. No matter what type of offer it is, 1 point costs you $0.005.
Finding the right multi-channel marketing mix can be complex, and can be expensive. The great thing about joining Telstra Plus Market is that you don’t have to pay just to be seen by customers, like you do with local advertising on search engines or social media. You only pay for points when a customer takes up your offer, which gives you clear visibility of what you’re getting in return for your investment.
Example of an offer
You’re a florist and you set up a special offer of 10 points for every $1 spent. A Telstra Plus customer buys a bunch of roses from you for $20. Your customer then receives 200 Telstra Plus points, which they can redeem in the Telstra Plus Rewards Store for the latest tech, devices and accessories. Your business is charged $1 for the points.
Is Telstra Plus Market right for my business?
Telstra Plus Market could be a great fit for your business if:
- you’re a Telstra Plus business tier member
- you’re a small to medium-sized business
- you sell direct to customers
- payments and transactions are mostly one-offs, i.e. no subscriptions
- you take most of your payments by card (credit or debit).
It’s all about being part of something bigger, by working with one of Australia’s leading brands and gaining exposure to Telstra Plus members who’ve signed up to shop and earn points. You’ll also be a part of something rewarding: Telstra Plus Market can help increase your sales, improve customer retention and gain priceless word-of-mouth business by incentivising customers to shop with you.
If you’re ready to boost your online presence and find new customers, register for Telstra Plus Market now.